In 1906 after a devastating earthquake in San Francisco the young real estate agent Colbert Coldwell saw the need to offer a professional, reliable and quality service in the real estate sector to help in the reconstruction of the city.
In 1914 Benjamin Arthur Banker joined the company as a partner,changing the company's name to Coldwell Banker.
Coast to coast
In the beginning of the 1950s, Coldwell Banker continues its expansion, opening an office in Phoenix, becoming the first office branch outside California.
In the 1970s the expansion continues with a branch in Seattle and with the acquisition of a prestigious Real estate firm in Atlanta, Chicago and Washington DC , so covering the country from coast to coast.